Looking to play an active role in an innovative and aspiring global organisation?
Feel empowered to develop your talents whilst accelerating your career with a world leader in engineered vibration control solutions. After all, it’s what we do together that sets us apart.
**This position is now filled**
Applications Engineer/Technical Sales Engineer
GMT Rubber-Metal-Technic Ltd is the UK based technical sales and distribution centre for a large global organisation.
Founded in 1968, GMT’s main business is the design, manufacture, and sales of anti-vibration mountings and rubber-to-metal bonded products for use by most industrial sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Railways, Marine and Construction – indeed anywhere there is a need to isolate vibration and/or absorb shock.
GMT are now seeking an Applications Engineer / Technical Sales Engineer to work within our team supporting new and existing customer requirements and enquiries. The role is office-based and will primarily involve handling income enquiries made by new and existing customers by telephone and email.
The main duties for a successful candidate with include the following:
– Assisting with processing technical and sales enquiries
– Discussing engineering applications with customers and making commercial proposals
– Product design / testing / inspection
– Project / report writing
– Computer literate (word, excel, email, etc)
– Commercial common sense and a practical mind
– Good general ability in maths and science (preferably physics)
– Good communication skills both verbally and written
– Capable of working well with others and individually
– CAD experience
– Commercial experience
– An engineering-related qualification (e.g. ONC, HNC, or Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar…) or experience
Training will be provided in regard to understanding the principles or vibration control and the suitable application of rubber-to-metal bonded products. Starting salary will be dependent on experience.